Mary-Lou has had a very varied background that includes being one of Australia’s internet pioneers when she launched Australia’s first online retail business in 1997. She then moved into education after obtaining a Masters in eBusiness and Communication and a Diploma in Vocational Education and Training. Mary-Lou has worked at Swinburne University as an eLearning Leader for the School of Business, a Course Convenor and lecturer of eMarketing, eCommerce, Change Management and eBusiness Systems. She moved to Melbourne Girls Grammar in 2009 to take up the role of Director of eLearning and since then, she and her team, have successfully transformed learning at MGGS by introducing online environments that extend the student’s capacity to learn independently and collaboratively.
To complete the digital transformation at Melbourne Girls Grammar she accepted the role of Chief Digital Officer in January 2017, and whilst this role encompasses what was previously eLearning, she now oversees the complete digital ecosystem to ensure it meets the School’s strategic intent and to fortify Melbourne Girls Grammar’s place at the leading edge of education innovation.
Further details on my work history and qualifications can be viewed on LinkedIn.
- 2017 Mar Future Schools Conference presentation & panel session, Melbourne.
- 2017 Jun EduTech, Sydney.
- 2017 Aug Schoolbox LMS Annual Conference, Melbourne.
- 2018 Feb CDO Summit, Sydney.
- 2018 May World Disrupt Forum, Sydney.
- 2018 May AIS ICT Managers Conference, Canberra.
- 2019 Feb Schoolbox LMS Annual Conference, Melbourne.
- 2019 June Clariden 3rd Digital Innovations & Blended Learning Conference, Sydney.
- 2019 July Clariden 3rd Digital Innovations & Blended Learning Conference, Melbourne.
- 2019 Jul AIS ICT Managers Conference, Queensland.
- 2019 Jul The Educators Leadership Conference, Melbourne.